Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003, Word 2003, Excel 2003, Access 2003, Publisher 2003, Power DVD DX, Roxio Creator Home, Real Player, Windows Media Player, MOIS for Windows, OverDrive Media Console, Paint, QuickTime Player, Word Pad, Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Reader 8, and HP Photosmart Premier.
The Early Literacy Stations in the Youth Department are filled with educational games for children ages 2-10. These games span more than seven curricular areas, such as arithmetic and spelling.
1. Purchase a “Copy Card” from the copy center or the computer center. The initial cost of the card is $1.00 (.30 cents for the actual card and .70 cents will be your starting balance on the card). Keep these cards for future use. They are rechargeable if you insert the card back into the machine and add more money.
2. Go to any public computer access the file or site that you want to print from and click “Print”. Be careful printing from the internet; sometimes sites are not formatted in a way that is friendly to printing and your document may print with half of your text cut off on one side or instead of getting your desired document, you get an Internet ad instead. Always look for the “printer friendly” link when printing from Internet e-mails or click on “Print Preview” prior to printing so you can see what exactly you are getting.
3. After clicking print and choosing your printer, a dialog box will pop up asking for a User ID. At this point, you can type in your name and then click “Print”. You must remember the exact way you’ve typed in this id in order to retrieve your documents including CAPS lettering, spaces and dots. (Note: DO NOT CHANGE “Job Name”)
4. Go to one of the designated Print Release Stations set up around the library (there is at least one in every section of the library). The computer stations are identified by the white screens with a picture of the copy card background.
5. Insert your copy card in the box next to the station and at this point a dialog box will popup asking for that same User ID that you typed at the computer. After typing your name, click “OK”. A screen should appear with a list of items you’ve printed. Click on each item once so that a checkmark appears next to them and then click “Print Selected Jobs.
6. Documents should be printing on the selected printer and your card will automatically be ejected from the reader.
**If these steps do not work for you, go to the helpdesk in the computer center area and ask for assistance.
The Bloomfield Township Public Library meeting rooms, located in the renovated lower level, opened for rental as of April 1, 2008.
Due to already present demand, only Bloomfield Township taxpayers, including residents, property owners, and employees of Township organizations and businesses, are able to rent the meeting rooms. Temporarily, Baldwin Public Library cardholders will not be able to rent a room.
Three meeting rooms available for rental are located in the lower level—Meeting Room 1 set with tables and chairs to seat 46, Meeting Room 2 set with chairs only to seat 56, and Meeting Room 3 set with tables and chairs to seat 18. The Community Room, renamed the Leslie Harcourt Green/Community Room, is located on the main level. This room will seat a maximum of 90 when tables and chairs are in place or 140 when chairs only are used. All weekend reservations (Saturday and Sunday) will require the chairs-only arrangement.
Meeting Room 3 is available for use by tax-exempt organizations, (including charitable 501(c)3 organizations, homeowners associations, and similar community service organizations), at no charge.
The use of all meeting rooms is limited to six times per year by a single individual or group.
All reservations are considered holds on rooms and dates and must be confirmed by Administration staff, following the receipt of the completed contract, and payment, with proof of tax-exempt status when a nonprofit rate is desired, within two weeks of placing your hold. Follow the easy steps below to reserve a meeting room at the Bloomfield Township Public Library.
A pay phone is available for us outside the Library entrance near the newspaper dispensers.
Fax services are not available at our Library.