How to Print
Printing from BTPL’s computer
- Purchase a “Copy Card” from the copy center or the computer center. The initial cost of the card is $1.00 (.30 cents for the actual card and .70 cents will be your starting balance on the card).
- Keep these cards for future use. They are rechargeable if you insert the card back into the machine and add more money.
- Go to any public computer access the file or site that you want to print from and click “Print”. Be careful printing from the internet; sometimes sites are not formatted in a way that is friendly to printing and your document may print with have of your text cut off on one side or instead of getting your desired document, you get an Internet ad instead. Always look for the “printer friendly” link when printing from Internet e-mails or click on “Print Preview” prior to printing so you can see what exactly you are getting.
- After clicking print and choosing your printer, a dialog box will pop up asking for a User ID… At this point, you can type in your name and then click “Print”. You must remember the exact way you’ve typed in this id in order to retrieve your documents including CAPS lettering, spaces and dots. (Note: DO NOT CHANGE “Job Name”)
- Go to one of the designated Print Release Stations set up around the library (there is at least one in every section of the library). The computer stations are identified by the white screens with a picture of the copy card background.
- Insert your copy card in the box next to the station and at this point a dialog box will popup asking for that same User ID that you typed at the computer. After typing your name, click “OK”. A screen should appear with a list of items you’ve printed. Click on each item once so that a checkmark appears next to them and then click “Print Selected Jobs.
- Documents should be printing on the selected printer and your card will automatically be ejected from the reader.
**If these steps do not work for you, go to the helpdesk in the computer center area and ask for assistance.