The Bloomfield Township Public Library has these materials and services in place to accommodate library users. Please contact us if you require any additional accommodations.
If you need any assistance during your visit to the Library, please notify any staff member or visit any public service desk.
If you are unable to come to the Library, please contact us:
Online Form Submission
For People with Visual Impairments
- Signage in Braille
- Braille Books in the Youth Services Room
- Large Print Books in both the Adult Services and Youth Services Departments
- Downloadable eBook collection available for eReaders, laptops, tablets, computers and smartphones. Accessible eBooks from Overdrive offer high-contrast settings and increased font sizing along with lending options for the visually impaired.
- Optelec Spectrum Magnifying Reader in the Adult Services Area. This device allows person with low vision to magnify printed and handwritten materials.
- Handheld magnifiers for use in the Library available at both the Adult and Youth Services Desks
- Reading Pens are available for use in the Library as well as for check out as part of our Low Vision VITALITY Kit.
- All computers have JAWS screen reading software. Some computer station feature large print keyboards
- Large print copies of program handouts and other Library flyers and resources are available upon request. An electronic copy of Library presentations via a USB will be made available if needed. Please let us know at least 7 business days in advance of the program should you require these services.
For People with Hearing Impairments
- Audio Book Collections on CDs, MP3 CDs and as accessible downloadable audiobooks.
- DVDs films with subtitles and closed captioning
- Pocket Talker amplified sound produced on CD-ROMS for use on the education computers in the Youth Room
- A personal amplification system may be used during Library programs in the Community Room. Please contact Administrative Services at least five business days before the program to reserve it for your use.
- Interpreters for Library programs will be provided upon request and with ample time to schedule. Please contact Administrative Services at least 14 business days in advance of the program to schedule this service. If you cannot attend the program, please contact us promptly to cancel you request.
For People with Mobility Issues
- Handicapped parking spaces
- Electronic assisted door openers
- Handicapped accessible restrooms
- Wheelchairs, wheeled walkers, child strollers and motorized scooters available for use in the
- Elevator for access to our Lower Level meeting room spaces
- Sit down computer stations and stations that accommodate wheel chairs
Additional Assistive Devices and Collections:
- The Special Needs Collection consists of books, story boxes, toys, speech therapy cards and audio visual items designed for children with special needs and their caregivers. These items are available to check out in our Youth Services Department.
- VITALITY Kits are a collection of books, dvds, audio cds, games and tools for daily living focused on improving the quality of life for senior citizens, caregivers and their
- loved ones. Various magnifiers, sound amplifiers, reading pens and other devices are available to patrons to check out in the Adult Services area.
- Capability switches which can operate a switch-optional device with minimal pressure or movement are available for check out.
- Downloadable eBooks and audiobooks for persons of all ages are available for eReaders, laptops, computers and smartphones.
- Large Print books are available in both the Adult and Youth Services collections.
- Adult and Youth DVD collections feature closed captioning and subtitle capability.
- The Library offers a Books By Mail Program for patron who are unable to come to the Library. We will send requested Library materials to your home. Contact the Adult Services Department to sign up.