Get out and get social!
Block Read More:
If you are looking for some fun activities around town or abroad, BTPL has the links you need!
- Area Agency on Aging 1-B - The Area Agency on Aging 1-B has partnered with Jewish Family Services to offer a new low cost transportation service for seniors and the disabled. Entitled myride2, you can reach them at 855-697-4332. Please note they will need two days advance notice for transportation services.
- Bloomfield Township Senior Services - If you are looking for a fun place to enjoy lots of activities, consider the Bloomfield Township Senior Center. The Center has a large workout room, swimming pool and lots of groups to join. Call (248) 723-3500 for more information.
- Birmingham Area Seniors Coordinating Council - BASCC Outreach Services offer information and assistance for older adults including hot meals, social activities, support groups, transportation, health screenings and more. Call BASCC Outreach Services at (248) 642-1040 for more information.
- Bloomfield Hills Schools Community Education - Bloomfield Hills Schools Community Education offers many classes that may be of interest for boomers. Contact the Community Education Department at (248) 433-0885 to register, or download their brochure online.
- Friends of the Bloomfield Township Public Library - Become active in this group to support BTPL. A very rewarding experience is waiting for you!
- Oakland County Senior Advocate- This quarterly newsletter is filled with practical advice for seniors of Oakland County.
- Oakland University Senior Citizen Program - Seniors over 60 years of age may take non-degree seeking audited classes at a 50% tutition discount.
- About.com Senior Travel - This is a helpful tool for planning your favorite getaway.
- Road Scholar - Formerly Elderhostel, this is the not-for-profit educational leader since 1975.
- Oakland Talking Book Service @ RHPL - Oakland Talking Book Service @ RHPL offers services for Oakland County residents that are homebound, blind or otherwise impaired. Services include books and audio books mailed to your home. Various types of magnifying glasses and a Book Discussion Group. You can contact them at (248) 858-5050.
- National Library Service for the Blind & Physically Handicapped - A great source for several programs such as BARD.