Only Bloomfield Township cardholders and residents of Birmingham may renew materials in our collection. There are NO RENEWALS FOR OTHER NON-RESIDENTS.
With the exception of magazines and interlibrary loan material, items borrowed may be renewed a total of three times as long as no one else is waiting to borrow the same item.
The renewal period will correspond to the original loan period. To serve all patrons better, Library items that have been requested by other patrons may not be renewed.
Items borrowed from another library may be renewed at the discretion of the lending library.
Items may be renewed on-line at www.btpl.org , over the telephone by calling the renewal line at (248) 593-4919 or in person with your vaild library card at the Library.
How to renew online:
- Go to the BTPL website at www.btpl.org
- Click on 'My Account'
- Enter your name and library card barcode and click 'submit'
- Scroll down to see the items checked out
- Click on the items you wish to renew
- Click on 'renew selected items'
- The new due date will appear next to each item renewed or if an item can't be renewed, a message indicating this will appear next to the item.
How to renew by telephone:
- A touch tone telephone is needed to renew Library items by telephone. Have you library card barcode number and the item barcodes in front of you before starting.
- Dial (248) 593-4919
- Enter your library card barcode number.
- Follow the instructions given using your telephone keypad to renew your items.
- A new due date will be given for each item renewed or, if an item can't be renewed, a message will indicate this.
You may also call the library directly at (248) 642-5800. Please have your card number ready.