Study rooms are available to Bloomfield Township residents with a valid Library card only.
Study room features:
- Table or counter and seating for one to six persons
- Laptop power – the Library is fully wireless
- Place for volunteer (not paid) tutoring
Please observe the following guidelines:
- Study rooms are available on a first – come, first – serve basis for a two – hour period
- Small study rooms are available for individual use; larger study rooms are for groups of 2 or more
- The Teen group study room is for Teen study only
- Study rooms may not be used for commercial purposes such as paid tutoring, financial counseling, real estate, etc.
- Covered drinks (but not food) are permitted in study rooms
- Maintain the existing number and selection of seating in each room
- Do not leave laptops, purses or personal belongings unattended. Abandoned items will be taken to lost and found. The library is not responsible for any loss.
- Study rooms must be vacated five minutes before the library’s closing
- Keep your voice low
The Bloomfield Township Public Library has these materials and services in place to accommodate library users. Please contact us if you require any additional accommodations.
If you need any assistance during your visit to the Library, please notify any staff member or visit any public service desk.
If you are unable to come to the Library, please contact us:
For People with Visual Impairments
- Signage in Braille
- Braille Books in the Youth Services Room
- Large Print Books in both the Adult Services and Youth Services Departments
- Downloadable eBook collection available for eReaders, laptops, tablets, computers and smartphones. Accessible eBooks from Overdrive offer high-contrast settings and increased font sizing along with lending options for the visually impaired.
- Optelec Spectrum Magnifying Reader in the Adult Services Area. This device allows person with low vision to magnify printed and handwritten materials.
- Handheld magnifiers for use in the Library available at both the Adult and Youth Services Desks
- Reading Pens are available for use in the Library as well as for check out as part of our Low Vision VITALITY Kit.
- All computers have JAWS screen reading software. Some computer station feature large print keyboards
- Large print copies of program handouts and other Library flyers and resources are available upon request. An electronic copy of Library presentations via a USB will be made available if needed. Please let us know at least 7 business days in advance of the program should you require these services.
For People with Hearing Impairments
- Audio Book Collections on CDs and as accessible downloadable audiobooks.
- DVDs films with subtitles and closed captioning
- Pocket Talker amplified sound produced on CD-ROMS for use on the education computers in the Youth Room
- A personal amplification system may be used during Library programs in the Community Room. Please contact Administrative Services at least five business days before the program to reserve it for your use.
- Interpreters for Library programs will be provided upon request and with ample time to schedule. Please contact Administrative Services at least 14 business days in advance of the program to schedule this service. If you cannot attend the program, please contact us promptly to cancel you request.
For People with Mobility Issues
- Handicapped parking spaces
- Electronic assisted door openers
- Handicapped accessible restrooms
- Wheelchairs, wheeled walkers, child strollers and motorized scooters available for use in the
- Elevator for access to our Lower Level meeting room spaces
- Sit down computer stations and stations that accommodate wheel chairs
Additional Assistive Devices and Collections:
- The Special Needs Collection consists of books, story boxes, toys, speech therapy cards and audio visual items designed for children with special needs and their caregivers. These items are available to check out in our Youth Services Department.
- VITALITY Kits are a collection of books, dvds, audio cds, games and tools for daily living focused on improving the quality of life for senior citizens, caregivers and their
- loved ones. Various magnifiers, sound amplifiers, reading pens and other devices are available to patrons to check out in the Adult Services area.
- Capability switches which can operate a switch-optional device with minimal pressure or movement are available for check out.
- Downloadable eBooks and audiobooks for persons of all ages are available for eReaders, laptops, computers and smartphones.
- Large Print books are available in both the Adult and Youth Services collections.
- Adult and Youth DVD collections feature closed captioning and subtitle capability.
- The Library offers a Books By Mail Program for patrons who are unable to come to the Library. We will send requested Library materials to your home. Contact the Adult Services Department to sign up.
Library Books by Mail
The Bloomfield Township Public LIbrary has many wonderful features for you to enjoy during your visits.
These features include:
- A Library Shop offering a wide variety of gently used books, movies and music as well as gift selection and supplies such as notecards and flash drives.
- A Library vending cafe for some light refreshments during your visit.
- Outdoor terraces in both the Adult Services area and the Youth Services area.
- Twenty group study rooms and alcoves in the Adults Services, Teens and Youth Services areas.
- Wifi throughout the building and on the outdoor terraces too!
- Four different meeting rooms of various sizes for reservation by Bloomfield Township residents.
- A drive up materials return with an automated hands free return as well as a manual return.
- Chairs of different styles and sizes throughout the building for your personal comfort.
Paper Retriever Recycling
A distinctive green and yellow paper retriever container is available in the last row of parking on the west side of the Library’s parking lot. This is available 24 hours a day, every day, for easy recycling of paper products.