Live Homework Help® for students
Online tutors are available on demand, every day from 4 to 10 p.m. for one-to-one help with everything from homework to skills building and test prep.
Professionally trained and experienced tutors will help students in 4th through 12th grades with math, science, English and social studies.
How it works
The student and tutor communicate in a virtual classroom via IM (instant messenger). Live Homework Help® also uses two-way white boards, which are especially helpful for math and science problems.
Through Live Homework Help®, the tutor sees the grade level, subject and student’s question and the student sees the tutor’s first name and last initial. The tutor is not allowed to share personal or identifying information.
Language Support in Spanish - Español
Live Homework Help® also offers help for Spanish speaking students in the subjects of math and science on Sunday through Thursday, 4 to 7 p.m.
Spanish - Español Live Homework Help® page. COMING SOON!
Meet the Tutors
- Live Homework Help® offers 1,300 tutors who work from their home or office from throughout North America.
- Tutors include certified teachers, college professors, and professional tutors, all with proven subject experience in the fields they tutor. All tutors have passed criminal background checks and comply with the Children’s Online Protection Act and Children’s Internet Protection Act.
- Following are profiles of a few of the Live Homework Help® tutors.
Need help using Live Homework Help®?
Live technical support is available daily from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. PST.
- Connect to Live Technical Support
- See Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Live Homework Help® is closed on the following dates.
- January 1
- July 4
- November 22
- December 25
Supported browser and operating system configurations are as follows:
- Internet Explorer (6.0 or higher) Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000
- Safari (2.0 or higher) Mac OS X
- Firefox (2.0 or higher) Windows Vista, Windows XP, Mac OS X
- Flash Player version 8 (browser plug-in)
- Internet connection - minimum speed of 56K
About Tutor.com, the company that created Live Homework Help®
Tutor.com, an award-winning tutoring company, launched Live Homework Help® in 1999. Since then, 1,600 public libraries in the U.S. and Canada have offered the service. In Washington state, Kitsap, Sno-Isle, King County, Seattle and North Central (Washington) libraries offer Live Homework Help®.
Live Homework Help® is a registered trademark of Tutor.com