This summer we invite you to read great books, explore your world and share your stories.
Read Books and Win Prizes
Track what you read this summer in our reading log. Turn you log in by August 10 for a chance to win great prizes.
Our theme is “One World, Many Stories” and we invite you to explore the world with books but ultimately, feel free to read any books you would like.
Sign up to receive email reminders, reading recommendations and more. Patrons who sign up will be automatically entered into our prize drawing at the end of summer. Each entry in your reading log will further improve your chances to win.
Programs and Events
- Summer Reading Kick-Off for All Ages—Monday, June 18, 6:30-8:30 p.m. No registration required. Pick up your reading log and enjoy fun crafts, music and more.
- Next Steps to Getting Your Manuscript Published, with Barbara Bloom of Bloom Ink–Tuesday, June 19, 7:00 p.m. Registration is required. With more than 20 years of publishing experience, freelance editor and writer, Barbara Bloom of Bloom Ink will take writers through the various steps in the publishing process, including traditional publishing and self-publishing.
- Cities for Art Lovers with Wendy Evans
Travel the world with art historian Wendy Evans as she explores the art offerings of two amazing cities, no passport needed.
- Berlin, Monday, June 25, 7:00 p.m. No registration required. Visit a variety of Berlin museums with art ranging from 4000 years ago to this century, with plenty of treasures in between.
- Madrid, Monday, July 30, 7:00 p.m. No registration required. Madrid boasts the world-famous Prado Museum but has many other treats for the art lover to enjoy in the city and its environs. Visit 5 museums and a few other special places.
- Summer Nights Trivia–Tuesdays, June 20, July 18, August 15, 6:30 p.m. No registration required. Join us for monthly trivia nights at the Library this summer! Bring teammates or come alone and partner up at the door. Prizes and refreshments will be provided. This program is best enjoyed by those 18 and up. Doors open at 6 p.m.
- Celebrate International Friendship Day–Tuesday, July 3, All day, No registration required. Stop by and fill out a postcard detailing what you love about Bloomfield Township Public Library. We will display your card in the library and online.
- Floating Palaces of the Great Lakes with Joel Stone of the Detroit Historical Society–Tuesday, July 10 7:00 p.m. No registration required. For 150 years, Great Lakes steamboats offered passengers a level of comfort and safety unsurpassed on any waterway in the world. This presentation examines the growth of the industry and the development of the ships that supported it.
- Bloomfield’s Got Talent: Karaoke Edition–Thursday, July 26, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Ages 10 through Adult. Individuals or groups are welcome to showcase their Karaoke skills for fun prizes. All are welcome to be part of our audience. Registration is required for competitors and begins June 26
- Journal Craft with Traci Romeo–Saturday, July 28, 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Registration is required and begins June 28. For teens and adults. Create a personal journal utilizing paper crafting techniques like matting, stamping, embossing and embellishing. Traci will also discuss bullet journaling and Margret Wise Brown’s “The Important Thing” technique. No previous paper crafting experience necessary, all materials included.
- Adult Recess—Summer Wrap Up After Hours–Friday, August 3, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Registration is required and begins July 2. For ages 18 and up. Adults– bring your friends and enjoy an evening full of all the things you thought you were too old to do! Enjoy playground games, crafts, and more. Refreshments will be provided.
- Michigan’s Ghosts and Legends with Amberrose Hammond–Monday, August 6, 7:00 p.m. Registration required and begins July 6. Explore the stranger side of Michigan. Learn about places you can actually visit that are steeped in legend and ghostly lore. From haunted lighthouses to ghostly restaurants and hotels, author and researcher Amberrose Hammond will take you on a strange and fun journey into Michigan’s mysterious realms.
- Ice Cream Social and Summer Reading Finale for All Ages–Friday, August 10 from 12-2 p.m. Stop in to turn in your reading logs and enjoy a tasty summer treat.