This summer we invite you to read great books, explore your world and share your stories.
Read Books and Win Prizes
Teens aged 13-18, track what you read this summer in our reading log. Turn your log in by August 10 for a chance to win great prizes.
Our theme is “One World, Many Stories” and we invite you to explore the world with books but ultimately, feel free to read any books you would like.
Sign up to receive email reminders, reading recommendations and more. Patrons who sign up will get one extra entry in our prize drawing. Each entry in your reading log will further improve your chances to win.
Programs and Events for Teens
- Summer Reading Kick-Off for All Ages–Monday, June 18, 6:30-8:30 p.m. No registration required.
Pick up your reading log and enjoy fun crafts, music and more.
- After Hours Escape Room for Teens and Tweens–Friday, June 22, 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. Registration is required.
For ages 11-18. Can you escape our Mystery Room? Work with other participants to find clues, solve puzzles, and get out. Prizes and refreshments will be provided.
- Summer Teen Advisory Board–Tuesdays, July 10 & August 14, 4:00 p.m. Registration is required and begins June 10.
For teens aged 13-18. Discuss books for the Library’s Teen Collection and help promote reading to teens.
- Teen Cosplay Book Club: A Wrinkle in Time–Thursday, July 19, 6:00-8:00 p.m. Registration is required. For teens aged 13-18. Immerse yourself in Madeleine L’Engle with classic story with role-playing games, trivia, and discussion. Costumes are encouraged but not required.
- Bloomfield’s Got Talent: Karaoke Edition–Thursday, July 26, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Ages 10 through Adult. Individuals or groups are welcome to showcase their Karaoke skills for fun prizes. All are welcome to be part of our audience. Registration is required for competitors and begins June 26.
- Journal Craft with Traci Romeo–Saturday, July 28, 11:00 a.m. –1:30 p.m. Registration is required and begins June 28.
For teens and adults. Create a personal journal utilizing paper crafting techniques like matting, stamping, embossing and embellishing. Traci will also discuss bullet journaling and Margret Wise Brown’s “The Important Thing” technique. No previous paper crafting experience necessary, all materials included.
- Michigan’s Ghosts and Legends with Amberrose Hammond–Monday, August 6, 7:00 p.m. Registration required and begins July 6. Explore the stranger side of Michigan. From haunted lighthouses to ghostly restaurants and hotels, author and researcher Amberrose Hammond will take you on a strange and fun journey into Michigan’s mysterious realms.
- Ice Cream Social and Summer Reading Finale for All Ages–Friday, August 10 from 12-2 p.m. Stop in to turn in your reading logs and enjoy a tasty summer treat. No registration required.
- Escape Room for Adults and Teens–Wednesday, August 22, 7:00 p.m. Registration is required and begins July 22. Work with other participants to find clues, solve puzzles and break out of our “locked” theme room. Prizes and refreshments will be provided.