Library Materials, Services, and Resources
- Library by Mail Service – Unable to visit the library? We will send materials you in the mail. This service is available to all who may be homebound, either temporarily or long-term. Some restrictions apply. To sign up to receive books or other material by mail, call us at (248) 642-5800, or email us at email@example.com.
- VITALITY Kits are a collection of resources focused on seniors and the many issues they face as they age. VITALITY Kits are a collection of books, DVDs, CDs, tools, games, and activities focused on improving the quality of life for seniors.
- Oakland Talking Book Service @ RHPL – Oakland County residents can have books and audio books mailed to your home. They also have various types of magnifying glasses and discussion groups. Contact them directly at (248) 858-5050.
- National Library Service for the Blind & Print Disabled – A great source for several programs such as the Braille and Audio Reading Download (BARD) service.
Community Services and Resources
- Bloomfield Township Senior Services – If you are looking for a fun place to enjoy lots of activities, consider the Bloomfield Township Senior Center. The Center has a large workout room, a swimming pool, and lots of groups to join. Call (248) 723-3500 for more information.
- Area Agency on Aging 1-B – This nonprofit agency provides supportive health and home care services for elders.
- Bloomfield Township Mental Health Resources – If you or someone you know is in crisis, please seek help immediately. This link contains some options for support.
- Oakland County Resources for Older Adults – Find information on housing, health, medical issues, legal issues, and local services for Oakland County residents.
- GetSetUp – Access free interactive online classes and discussions, offered day and night, from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.