These are a few of the many local cultural and non-profit organizations serving the Bloomfield Township community.
Community Arts and Music
- Birmingham Concert Band – Local community band founded in 1977 and based in Birmingham, MI.
- Birmingham Historical Museum & Park – Established in 2001, this local museum offers public tours, entertaining lectures, and special events for all ages.
- Birmingham Village Players – Founded in 1923, this the third oldest community theater in Michigan and ranks among the 50 oldest theater groups in the United States.
- Birmingham-Bloomfield Art Center – founded in 1957, the Center serves Southeast Michigan’s visual arts community by fulfilling its mission “to connect people of all ages and abilities with visual arts education, exhibition, and other creative experiences.
- Orchestra Sono of Birmingham Bloomfield – The orchestra provides educational and entertaining experiences for community members of all ages, focusing on the “next generation” of audience participants.
- Ridgedale Players – Incorporated in1948, this nonprofit organization’s mission is to provide the community an opportunity to both attend and participate in quality theatrical works.
- St. Dunstan’s Theatre – This independent, non-profit organization is committed to producing quality theatre in our community.
Area Non-profit Helping Organizations
- Birmingham Bloomfield Community Coalition – The Birmingham Bloomfield Community Coalition’s (BBCC) mission is to raise awareness and mobilize the entire community to prevent the abuse of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs, with a primary focus on our youth.
- CARE House of Oakland County -CARE House of Oakland County is the sole children’s advocacy center in Oakland County, providing first rate services to victims of child abuse and neglect.
- Common Ground – Common Ground is a 24-hour crisis services agency dedicated to helping youths, adults and families in crisis. Through its crisis line and in person, Common Ground provides professional and compassionate service to more than 80,000 people a year.
- Habitat for Humanity of Oakland – Habitat Oakland County’s mission has a hyper-local focus with a world vision which engages donors, homeowners, neighbors, and volunteers working together to build better living environments.
- Haven – As Oakland County’s only comprehensive program for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, HAVEN provides shelter, counseling, advocacy and educational programming to nearly 30,000 people each year.
- Lighthouse of Oakland County – Lighthouse endeavors to build equitable communities that alleviate poverty in partnership with and in service to individuals, families, and organizations.
- Oakland County Child Care Council – The mission of the Council is coordinating and developing quality child care and related resources for families and caregivers.
- Oakland Literacy Council – Enabled adult students to achieve individual literacy goals through a partnership with trained volunteer tutors. OLC serves native-English speaking adults who need basic reading, writing, and math skills (adult basic education — ABE), and foreign-born adults who need English reading, writing, or conversation skills (English Language Learners — ESL).
Area Volunteer Organizations
- American Association of University Women – Birmingham Branch -The Birmingham Branch is a charitable nonprofit group dedicated to funding the education and outreach mission of AAUW Birmingham Branch.
- American Business Women’s Association – Eastern Michigan Council – The American Business Women’s Association (ABWA) provides opportunities for college scholarships, leadership, professional development, and education from seminars and conferences
- Friends of the Bloomfield Township Public Library – The Friends of the Bloomfield Township Public Library is a group of people who believe that any community is a better place to live if it has a first-rate library. The Friends have an active role in supporting and promoting the library.
- Junior League of Birmingham – The Junior League of Birmingham, MI (JLB) seeks to create change by advancing social activism-focused projects that directly benefit our local community.
- Preservation Bloomfield -Preservation Bloomfield is a non-profit, all-volunteer community organization formed to preserve and protect two historically-relevant homes in Bloomfield, Michigan.
- Rotary Club of Bloomfield Hills – Brings together business and professional leaders in the community in order to provide humanitarian services, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and to advance goodwill and peace around the world.
- The United Homeowner Associations of Bloomfield Township -The United Homeowner Associations of Bloomfield Township, Inc., is a non-profit association comprised of 50+ homeowner and condo associations working to promote vital neighborhoods through good government, quality schools, and civic involvement.
BH: June 2023