All public Internet computers require user login. These include all Internet stations at the Computer Center (including two iMac stations), Computer Lab, Adult Services Reference Table, Business and Investment Table, Local History Table, Teen Room, and Youth Services.
Residents will use their Library card number to login at a Resident computer. Guests will use either their TLN registered library card or request a Guest pass to use a Guest computer. Please note that an ID is required to obtain a Guest pass.
The public computers allow you to access the Internet, use a number of Microsoft Office programs, burn CDs, watch DVDs, listen to music, scan and edit photos, and edit movies.
There are no time limits on computer use for residents. Guests may use 2 hours of computer time per day.
Patrons are encouraged to bring their own memory sticks/drives to save their work.
Our public computers also offer the following software:
The computer lab offers patrons a space to enjoy the library’s various computer classes. The lab provides patrons with all the equipment they need for classes offered by the library as well as a quiet environment in which to learn.
The Library offers various Technology classes such as
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel
- Introduction to PowerPoint
- PowerPoint II
- Introduction to Scanning and Photo Editing
- Internet Security
- Introduction to Social Networking
- Computer Basics
- Introduction to Google Apps
For more information check The Library Calendar to see what technology courses are available.
Black & white and color printing and copying are available from our public computers and copiers at .15/page for b&w and .50/page for color. A copy card (available for purchase $1 with $.50 initial value) or the full size Bloomfield Township Public Library card (loaded with funds via Copy Card Manager Unit) are necessary to retrieve print jobs.
Remote printing is now available at BTPL! You can submit documents or photos for printing from any Wi-Fi or Internet connect device (smartphone, tablet, laptop) no matter where you are. Come to the Library the same day to release and pick up your documents or photos in the Library’s Computer Center with your email address.
PrinterOn offers 3 different ways to remote print: from your PC, a mobile device or via email. Printing is .15/page for b&w and .50/page for color. Print payment cards are available for sale in the Library or just add money to your Library card at the Computer Help Center.
Click on PrinterOn How-to for instructions.
The Library Offers 18 Study rooms for use
Study Room Features:
- Table or counter with seating for one to six people
- Laptop Power – The Library is Fully Wireless
- Place for Volunteer (But not paid) Tutoring
Study Room guidelines:
- Study Rooms are offered on a first-come first-served basis for a two-hour period
- Small study rooms are available for individual use. Larger Study Rooms are for groups of 2 or more
- The Teen group study room is for Teen study only.
- Study Rooms may not be used for commercial purposes such as paid tutoring, financial
counseling, real estate
- Covered Drinks, but not food, are permitted in the study rooms
- Maintain the existing number and selection of seating in each room
- Do not leave laptops, purses, and personal belongings unattended. The study rooms can be accessed by other people. The library is not responsible for any loss. Abandoned items will be removed and
taken to lost and found
- Study rooms myst be vacated five minutes before the librarys closing
- Keep your voice low
The Library’s copy center provides copying and scanning services. The copy machines accept Cash, Wallet-sized BTPL library cards with preloaded money, or copy cards with preloaded money.
In order to print, a Copy Card is required. Residents may use their wallet-sized BTPL Library Card (not the keychain fob) in lieu of purchasing a Copy Card. Guests, non-cardholders, or patrons who do not have their BTPL Library Card must purchase a Copy Card in order to print.
New Copy Cards cost $1 and come preloaded with a $.50 starting balance. Copy Cards can be reused and the available balance can be increased by using the copy card machines available inside the building.
Copying costs per page:
Black and White: $.15
Our public fax machine powered by Fax24 is located in the Computer Center. This is a self-service fax machine to send a fax only. Visa, MC, AMEX, and Discover credit cards are accepted for payment of this service.
The costs to send a fax are:
$1.75 first page sent in the USA
$1.00 for each additional page sent in the USA
$3.95 first page sent internationally
$3.45 each additional page sent internationally