OverDrive and Kindle
Many OverDrive ebooks are available to read on Kindle devices and apps.
Use these instructions to send a Kindle ebook to your Kindle device or app.
From a Browser
- From a computer, tablet, or smartphone, visit metronet.overdrive.com.
- Select Sign In.
- Sign in with your library card number and PIN.
- Find an available Kindle Book to borrow. You can see all of your library’s Kindle Books by selecting the Kindle Books link near the top of the site.
- Select Read now with Kindle. You’ll be taken to Amazon’s website to complete your checkout.
- Sign in to your Amazon account and select your Kindle’s name from the menu.
- Select Get Library Book on the right side of the page.
- Your ebook is delivered by Wi-Fi to your Kindle and works like any other Kindle book. Your ebook will expire on your due date. If you do not have a Wi-Fi connection, follow the instructions at OverDrive Help for how to transfer library Kindle books via USB.
From the Libby, by OverDrive App
Follow the instructions for getting started with Libby. When borrowing your first title in the app, you will be prompted to choose where you would like to read the ebook, Kindle or Libby. Select Kindle and follow steps 6 through 8 above.
If you are not given this option when borrowing an ebook, tap the three lines in the footer to access the menu and select Settings, then choose Read Books With…
For additional resources, visit help.overdrive.com.