Calling all amateur photographers for the Bloomfield Township Public Library’s 5th annual photo contest. This year’s theme – “the Incredible Journey” – asks photographers to capture part of a significant passage in their life. A journey can be a trip from one place to another, or it could be a path of personal transformation.
Photo submissions can be either color or black and white; digital or print. The contest opens on January 11, 2021. To be eligible, photos must be taken by Bloomfield Township residents between May 1, 2020, and March 14, 2021. All ages may enter. Entries will be grouped into three age categories (12 and younger; 13-18; and 19 and older). The deadline to enter photos is March 14, 2021, at midnight. Further details and an entry form can be found on the Library’s website. At this time, the photo contest judging, voting, and announcement of winners will take place virtually via the Library’s website and social media.
- The contest is open to amateur photographers only. A professional photographer is defined as an individual who earns more than 50 percent of his/her income from photographic work.
- Photos may be digital or print. If print, no larger than 8” x 10”. Photos may be black & white or color.
- No more than two photos per entrant.
- Entrant must be a resident of Bloomfield Township and have a current Bloomfield Township Public Library card.
- Photos must relate to the theme of “the incredible journey”. Photos can be taken anywhere.
- Photos must be taken between May 1, 2020, and March 14, 2021.
- Photos must be original and suitable for public display as determined by the Library.
- The entry form and release form(s) must be submitted for each entrant. Release forms must be signed by the entrant (or parent or guardian if entrant is a minor).
- The Library’s rights regarding the photograph(s) are stated on the Entrant Release form.
- All entries must be submitted by March 14, 2021.
- Winners will be announced the week of April 5, 2021.
- Photos may be submitted through the library’s website, dropped off at the Library via curbside service, or mailed to:
Bloomfield Township Public Library
1099 Lone Pine Road
Bloomfield Township, MI 48302