Bloomfield Township Public Library is pleased to announce the third annual photo contest! This year’s theme is light and dark. Inspired by the way a black and white photograph relies more on composition, texture, and contrast, this year’s theme asks photographers to explore light and shadow. For inspiration think of a moonlit night, penguins, zebras, or perhaps contrasting moods of melancholy and joy. Photographs can be either color or black and white; can be digital or print. All ages may enter. Entrants will be grouped by age (up to age 13; 13-18; and 18 and up).The contest opens January 14, 2019. To be eligible, photos must be taken by Bloomfield Township residents between May 1, 2018, and March 17, 2019. The deadline to enter photos is March 17, 2019, at midnight. Before submitting your photos, please review the contest rules.
Winners will be announced and honored at a reception at the Library on Saturday, April 13, 2019. Look for details on the Library’s website and inside the Library.
- The contest is open to amateur photographers only. A professional photographer is defined as an individual who earns more than 50 percent of his/her income from photographic work.
- Photos may be digital or print. If print, no larger than 8” x 10”. Photos may be black & white or color.
- No more than two photos per entrant.
- Entrant must be a resident of Bloomfield Township and have a current Bloomfield Township Public Library card.
- Photos must relate to the theme of light and dark. Photos can be taken anywhere.
- Photos must be taken between May 1, 2018, and March 17, 2019.
- Photos must be original and suitable for public display as determined by the Library.
- The entry form and release form(s) must be submitted for each entrant. Release forms must be signed by the entrant (or parent or guardian if entrant is a minor).
- The Library’s rights regarding the photograph(s) are stated on the Entrant Release form.
- All entries must be submitted by March 17, 2019.
- Winners will be announced April 13, 2019.
- Photos may be submitted through the library’s website, dropped off at the Library Welcome Desk, or mailed to:
Bloomfield Township Public Library
1099 Lone Pine Road
Bloomfield Township, MI 48302