Is it possible to capture the past and the future in a single moment? This year’s theme invites amateur photographers to honor and acknowledge where they’ve been, while also welcoming the inevitable changes to come. The Seventh Annual Photo Contest coincides with the launch of the Library’s new strategic plan, in which we build upon our strong foundation to serve the Bloomfield Township of the future.
Photo submissions can be either color or black and white; digital or print. The contest opens on January 30, 2023. To be eligible, photos must be taken by Bloomfield Township residents between April 10, 2022, and March 26, 2023. All ages may enter. Entries will be grouped into three age categories (12 and younger; 13-18; and 19 and older). The deadline to enter photos is March 26, 2023, at midnight. Winners will be announced and honored at a special reception at the Library on Saturday, April 29, 2023. Look for additional details on the Library’s website.
- The contest is open to amateur photographers only. A professional photographer is defined as an individual who earns more than 50 percent of his/her income from photographic work.
- Photos may be digital or print. If print, no larger than 8” x 10”. Photos may be black & white or color.
- No more than two photos per entrant.
- Entrant must be a resident of Bloomfield Township and have a current Bloomfield Township Public Library card.
- Photos must relate to the theme of “Celebrating the Past, Embracing the Future.” Photos can be taken anywhere.
- Photos must be taken between April 10, 2022, and March 26, 2023.
- Photos must be original and suitable for public display as determined by the Library.
- The entry form and release form(s) must be submitted for each entrant. Release forms must be signed by the entrant (or parent or guardian if entrant is a minor).
- The Library’s rights regarding the photograph(s) are stated on the Entrant Release form.
- All entries must be submitted by March 26, 2023.
- Winners will be announced the week of April 29, 2023.
- Photos may be submitted through the library’s website, dropped off at the Library via curbside service, or mailed to:
Bloomfield Township Public Library
1099 Lone Pine Road
Bloomfield Township, MI 48302