What is Libby, by OverDrive?
Access popular ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines for free using your library card and this friendly, easy-to-use app from OverDrive.
Patrons may borrow up to 10 items at a time.
- Visit libbyapp.com or install “Libby, by OverDrive” free from the Apple App Store, the Google Play Store, or the Windows Store.
- In Libby, follow the prompts to find the Bloomfield Township Public Library and enter your library card number and PIN.
Navigating the App
Use the icons in the footer to navigate.
- Tap to browse the Bloomfield Township Public Library collection, Metro Net Library Consortium.
- Tap to find your Loans, Holds, and Tags.
- Tap to view your Activity Timeline.
When you find an available ebook, audiobook, or magazine issue you want, tap Borrow. By default, titles are automatically downloaded for offline use when connected to Wi-Fi. Tap Actions from your Shelf and Change Download Rules to change this setting.
Finding a Book or Audiobook
Browse the lists on the home page, such as “just added,” “popular,” or “random.” Tap a link above your results to narrow your search. Tap Refine to sort or limit your search.
Search the catalog. Tap in the footer to search for a title, author, or keyword. Use the Explore with Filters options and + More to access advance searching.
Set your search preferences. You can screen out items that you’re not interested in. Tap + Preferences to set preferences for all of your searches. Your settings will hold until you opt out of them or override with Refine.
Tap the three lines in the footer to access the menu and select Get Some Help for tutorials or help resources.