What is Libby, by OverDrive?
Access popular ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines for free using your library card and this friendly, easy-to-use app from OverDrive.
Patrons may borrow up to 10 items at a time.
- Visit libbyapp.com or install “Libby, by OverDrive” free from the Apple App Store, the Google Play Store, the Windows Store, or the Amazon App Store.
- In Libby, follow the prompts to find the Bloomfield Township Public Library and enter your library card number and PIN.
Navigating the App
Use the icons in the footer to navigate.
- Tap to browse the Bloomfield Township Public Library collection, Metro Net Library Consortium.
- Tap to find your Loans, Holds, and Tags.
- Tap to view your Activity Timeline.
When you find an available ebook, audiobook, or magazine issue you want, tap Borrow. By default, titles are automatically downloaded for offline use when connected to Wi-Fi. Tap Actions from your Shelf and Change Download Rules to change this setting.
Finding a Book or Audiobook
Browse the lists on the home page, such as “newest,” “popular,” or “random.” Tap a format above your results to narrow your search. Tap to sort or limit your search further.
Search the catalog. Tap in the footer to search for a title, author, or keyword. Use the Explore with Filters options and to access advance searching.
Pin filters. You can pin filters to automatically apply them to every list and search result. Apply a filter then select the applied filter and choose Pin Filter. Your settings will hold until you remove them.
Tap the three lines in the footer to access the menu and select Get Some Help for tutorials or help resources.